[Gllug] Stupid networking question (hardware)

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Feb 27 13:35:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 11:35 +0000, M.Blackmore wrote:
[snip]
> And if in the nearish/mid future I get around to building the myth TV
> server I've promised myself for radio and tv, will having only a single
> wire lead to congestion or should I bite the bullet for that and do
> something drastic like run one down the outside wall...?

A single DVB-T stream is of the order of 2 mbit/s so you can run quite a
lot of them over a single piece of wire before you can expect problems.

We commonly have three separate boxes viewing MythTV recordings, all
coming from the same server and they show no signs of problems.  The
server hardly seems to notice it is happening.

HTH
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk