[Gllug] Nokia 770

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Feb 27 20:10:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 03:08:40PM -0000, Andy McGarty wrote:
> I'm almost tempted just so I could check email and tv listings without
> turning on the pc.

Yes, I use it for general web browsing while watching telly.

> I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Now good is it at playing audio etc either from storage or streaming?

I've not really tried it.  I imagine that it'd play MP3 files fine.
The reason I say this is that it comes with a video trailer which it
just about struggles to play, so predumably audio would be OK.

It has a 200 MHz ARM processor.

> 2) Any idea how much storage the RS-MMC cards can go to?

Not sure.  It comes with 128 MB flash built in, and 64 MB on the
supplied RS-MMC card.

> 3) Is there an ssh client for it?

Yes.  You can download openssh and an xterm.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk