[Gllug] Linux on amd64

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Feb 23 21:00:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 08:52:33PM +0000, Tethys wrote:
> Currently I'm tending to an amd64 machine. What's the general consensus
> about running Linux on them for desktop use?

They're bloody great!  I have no reservations about recommending AMD
Athlon 64 as your desktop machine -- I have one running Ubuntu and the
only possible downside is that some proprietary browser plug-ins are
missing (particularly flash) so I have to turn to my Mac to read b3ta
each Friday ...

OO.org runs fine as a 32 bit app.  Or at least as well as it usually
works.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.