[OT] [Gllug] Migrating Samba servers between domains - the hard way.

Dani Pardo dani at enplater.com
Fri Feb 10 08:12:42 UTC 2006

Matthew wrote:

>>  2- It's just not fun.
>

> Actually it is. There's no reason why getting MS software to work
> shouldn't be as much fun as getting OSS to work.

   I like to grep /var/log, I like to dmesg and tail smb.log. I can even
strace and write preloaded-libs. I know what's going on. In Windows, I
was just pressing Next with one hand, the other praying God not to
forget me. That's the real problem IMHO. Glad I left that slavery.
   That's for the systems.. but for development I thing the situation
might be no better. Last things I did in MS world was in VB5, and I
remember you had to pay for all sort of OCX and DLLs. I don't know about
.Net, I just don't really care.
   But I'm glad there's people who likes it, really.

Dani Pardo, dani at enplater.com
Enplater S.A
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk