[Gllug] Advice needed on Ubuntu

Dani Pardo dani at enplater.com
Wed Feb 15 10:53:15 UTC 2006

En/na Martin A. Brooks ha escrit:
> Dani Pardo wrote:
>
>>  Mm.. so you mean now I'm running sudo 1.6.8p7 but with Debian patches
>> for security issues? So now the only way to assure that I'm not
>> vulnerable is to actually try to exploit it?
>

> That's what we have bugs.debian.org for.  You may also wish to "apt-get
> install apt-listbugs apt-listchanges".

  Oh, it's a nice utility. But, in the sudo case, it says:

novita:~# apt-listbugs  list sudo
Reading package fields... Done
Reading package status... Done
Retrieving bug reports... Done
critical bugs of sudo (1.6.8p7-1.3 -> ) <open>
  #315115 - [bugtraq] Sudo version 1.6.8p9 now available, fixes security
issue.
    Merged with: 315718

   So, I should conclude that I'm still vulnerable after the upgrade..
But this bug has been reported on July 2005. Do I have to manually
compile sudo or I'm missing something? I'm pretty new to Debian, sorry..

Dani Pardo, dani at enplater.com
Enplater S.A
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk