[OT] [Gllug] Migrating Samba servers between domains - the hard way.

Matthew Thompson matt.thompson at actuality.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 23:03:23 UTC 2006

On 9 Feb 2006, at 09:01, Dani Pardo wrote:

>   1-The day you start experiencing "unexpected" behaviour/erors in
> such a Microsoft environment, it'll cost *much* more than £500. Not
> matter wich company do you have behind. Not to mention that to
> solve one of those x-files(*) you must be really good (making the
> assumption that it's actually possible to be a good technician in
> the Microsoft world).

As Microsoft developers anyway (We write software to let users
analyse and search the data we create) we get continual support as
part of the MSDN package. Also gives us the development licenses.

>  2- It's just not fun.

Actually it is. There's no reason why getting MS software to work
shouldn't be as much fun as getting OSS to work.

M at t :o)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk