[Gllug] [OT] Homechoice users

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 14:36:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 February, 2006 2:23 pm, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> On 15/2/2006, "Adrian McMenamin" <adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Just me or are you having difficulties today? I wonder if they are under
>>attack as the corporate website seems down.
>
> Not at home so can't say anything about today, though it worked this
> morning.  Service has been very very crap recently.  As usual.

This email is via my box at home (ie the wrong end of the ADSL connection)
and I've had lots of problems with it today.

Until they cut me off for three weeks for no reason whatsoever in January
I'd had a pretty good previous year.

Between June 2001 (when i signed up) and the end of that year they were
not brilliant but okay and I had no problem with the 1 MB/s service when
that came in except for about three months at the end of 2004 when packet
loss became ridiculous and they refused to act on the complaints made by
me and many others (though that really only made itself felt when I was
trying to peer down the 'wrong end'of the connection).

All-in-all I don't think my experience over the last 4 - 5 years has been
any worse than people with other ISPs ... though HC is far from the
cheapest provider

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk