[Gllug] ping

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Tue Feb 7 22:46:59 UTC 2006

On 7 Feb 2006, at 22:38, Paul Cupis wrote:

> Martyn Drake wrote:
>> I've noticed that I've not received a lot of mails from this list
>> lately, and it happened when I enabled my SpamCop RBL
>
> Don't use SpamCop RBL to bounce mail - even they recommend that you
> don't do this and it's their RBL.

I'm certainly reviewing using it now - there seems to have been an
unusual number of what I would consider 'safe' hosts suddenly
appearing in SpamCop listings and it's getting annoying.
MessageLabs, I discover (*), seem to be using them and at the time
was using an SMTP server that I thought was safe

Regards,

	Martyn

(*) Although they don't put any kind of diagnostic information in
their NDRs which kind of makes it difficult to figure out why your
email was blocked in the first place - I've *never* liked
MessageLabs.  I had to use various RBL checkers to find out whether
the SMTP server was blacklisted and it was ONLY listed in SpamCop.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk