[Gllug] Source for RJ11 (male) to BT phone (female) adaptor

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Feb 14 14:00:33 UTC 2006

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to buy adaptors to allow a
phone with a BT standard plug to be connected to a device which has only
an RJ11 socket?  I've got a Linksys VoIP adaptor but very oddly it
doesn't come with any adaptors (despite being notionally a UK spec
unit).

Linksys support are worse than useless - they just say "Buy phones with
standard RJ11 plugs."  They don't seem to have realised there is a world
outside the USA.

TIA,
John

P.S. It seems that there are at least two possible wirings for these as
well.  I've snaffled two off old modems - one of which works with the
Linksys unit and one of which doesn't.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk