[Gllug] Re: Emacs macro to do a replace-regexp

J F jnns at linuxmail.org
Wed Feb 22 16:44:11 UTC 2006

> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Mark Preston moaned:
> >  I didn't realize you'd added mind reading to your extensive skills.
>
> Alas I haven't. I am not Joerg Schilling (thank goodness).
>
> > Without a reply from the mysterious JF I guess we'll never know for sure
> > precisely what he was thinking.
>
> He seems to have flown away.

No I'm still here! Your replies are very much appreciated but neither of your solutions solved the problem. In the event that I wasn't clear, I apologize.

The macro should always search for the regular expression \&\#[^;]*; (that is a any word starting with '&#' and ending with ';'). So I don't want to be asked about the search string since it will always be that expression. However I do want to be asked for the replace string each time the search expression is found. It would be helpful if there was an option to 'replace all' though.

Thanks