[Gllug] how do i report spam?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 10:31:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 10:27:53AM +0000, t.clarke wrote:
> Hi
> We are getting huge quantities of spam attempts from a site in the States
> which appears to an adsl connection through verizon.net
>
> They are all being blocked at smtp time  (upon receipt of mail from: <>)
> so no real problem,  but they may well be a problem for others.
> The emails purport to come from various 'bank' domains  (halifax.co.uk,
> alliance-leicester.co.uk,  woolwich.co.uk) and presumambly contain a virus
> or somesuch.
>
> Any suggestions as to how to get the ISP concerned to do something about it,
> or would I just be wasting my time ?

You *should* be able to write to postmaster at domain, but that won't help if it
someone's home PC. Otherwise try postmaster at verizon.net - give some sample
headers (including times) so that if it is DHCP they can track it down.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>