[Gllug] Linux support options

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Mon Feb 27 16:15:57 UTC 2006

Richard wrote:

>  >
>  >>Is anyone aware of other organisations that will offer support for Red
>  >>Hat systems, other than Red Hat itself. Red Hat is a pre-requisite to
>  >>keep other vendors (like Oracle) from getting their knickers in a twist.
>  >>
> Running CentOS will get the other vendor's knickers well and truly
> twisted, no matter how identical it may be to RedHat. Sadly, CentOS is
> not an option.

Whether you want support from Red Hat or not you need to pay to
subscribe to the RHN and receive patches from them. I looked into this
recently and it isn't legal (within the agreement for Red Hat Enterprise
Linux) to use their product without a current RHN subscription.

So you are going to be paying them either way

Thanks

~sm
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk