[Gllug] OT: specifying anchors and cgi parameters in a single URI

Anthony Newman anthony.newman at uk.clara.net
Fri Feb 24 15:04:00 UTC 2006

Ryan Cartwright wrote:

> These URIs containing parameters and anchors work in IE (6 and below)
> but not in Moziall,Firefox, Konqueror or Opera. Any ideas on what I can
> do to enable the same functionality cross-browser?

I must be missing something, because as I see it; if the URI refers to a
specific location on another page, then giving the full URI as a link
target is fine. If the anchor is on the same page (as I suspect from the
Ctrl-F mentioned) then what is wrong with stripping off everything
preceding the "#foo" and using that as the target?

Confused of Holborn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk