[Gllug] sony ericsson mobiles & linux

Holger Duerer hduerer at gmx.net
Thu Feb 2 14:05:43 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Stuart" == Stuart Children <stuart at terminus.co.uk> writes:
  [... question re linux and K750 ...]

I have a K700i and have had mixed success so far.

- Transferring files via IR from/to my Zaurus was no problem
- Transferring files via BT from/to my PC is no problem with the KDE
  bluetooth stuff.  Their bluetooth browsing in Konquerer doesn't work
  for me though.
- Multisync (via BT) can see my phone in the setup up then claims it
  cannot find it when it comes to syncing.

Haven't tried anything else (but haven't found any info e.g. about
sending SMS or initiating a phone call either).

There is some USB cable which according to mailing list entries acts
like a USB serial port which should be supported under Linux.  Haven't
bought that yet.

       Holger

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk