Fw: [Gllug] just a quick question

paul paul at thinksolution.net
Mon Feb 13 15:12:23 UTC 2006

No, I meant meant why are you interested in how I punctuate things.

> Oh dear - back to basics.  It was intended as a joke, but since you
> ask...

You should look at your own punctuation. The three dots at the end would
denote that you have left something unsaid.
That is not the case, because you then go on to say what was left unsaid.
The conclusion being that
you intended the three dots to be a pause in a larger statement, which could
equally have been covered by a semicolon,
or a hyphon. The fact that you used three dots is a sign that the semicolon
or the hyphon would not do the job.
That's a subjective decision. There was nothing wrong with the sentence you
are criticising.

BRING IT ON!