[Gllug] Myth TV setup

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 17:03:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 02:49:33PM +0000, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:

> Can anyone recommend combinations of CPU + graphics board that will play
> back without problems. I have a 733PIII plus a graphics card with tv-out
> (haven't got the name to hand right now) and that is okay with some
> things but struggles with action scenes.

You could get one of these
http://www.hauppauge.com/html/mediamvp_datasheet.htm
and combine it with something like
http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/idx.php?pg=main

Of course, they may be total rubbish, but they "only" cost about 45
quid. I'm still toying with the idea of buying one and another DVB card,
or just putting the money towards an all-in-one pvr box.

Thanks
Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem