[Gllug] Internet connections

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 12:00:47 UTC 2006

Re: insurance on buildings next to rivers

The example you quote seems to me to be yet another instance of an unfortunate
negative side-effect of more and more computerisation:

As companies introduce more computerisation they inevitably de-skill the work-
force and furthermore often take the decision-making process out of the hands of
individuals and leave it completely with the computer-system.
Hence the now notorious  and oft-quoted "Computer says no"    !!!

I remember the days when staff working in Banks had to understand banking
rules and practises   - not any more it seems,  unless you manage to claw your
way up the heirarchy to speak to someone.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk