[Gllug] Myth TV setup

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 20:29:47 UTC 2006

On Fri 13 Jan, John Winters wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 19:37 +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> >    That is why all cuts on all channels are scheduled to occur at different
> > times, as are the goals.
>
> I read that as "goats" to begin with (I blame my font) which puzzled me
> not a little, but I'm still not sure what you mean by "cuts".
>
> John

   A jump from one camera shot to another (in the old days days it really
was cut and paste, even 2 inch wide videotape used to be cut. It was
relatively easy with film; the videotape tracks were at right angles to the
tape, and found by sprinkling finely ground iron powder on the tape. Cutting
between tracks was done using a microscope and razor)

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk