[Gllug] Re: ftp syncing

Craig Millar gllug at craigmillar.org
Tue Jan 17 17:06:46 UTC 2006

On 17/01/06 17:20 +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 03:44:01PM +0000, Craig Millar wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a decent ftp syncing package or script?
>
> I've not used it in a long time, preferring rsync, but I think
> 'mirror' will do the trick:

I did have a brief look at mirror but I got the impression that it was for
mirroring a remote directory locally and not the other way around. I don't
have any access other than an ftp login to the remote server and am not
running an ftp server locally (well I am for testing but it's internal and
doesn't really count).

The docs are here:
http://www.sunsite.org.uk/packages/mirror/mirror.html

Thanks