[Gllug] spam/virus infested domain wanted

Robert Newson ran at qipod.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 19:13:35 UTC 2006

Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> Hi
>
> If you run your own MX server (preferably for more than just a couple of
> people) and get a regular flow of spam and virus mail, please could you
> contact me off list?
>
> I need the junk as sample data, you can do without the junk.

I don't know if it's any help to you, but my old email address was a mail
domain supplied by freeserve.  I created a new account, told everyone I
could think of about my new eaddr(s), and then monitored the old edomain by
downloading every message - all (except possibly one source) are now spam -
to check hadn't forgotten anyone.  I've now stopped downloading to let it
fill up and bounce.

I last checked it yesterday (via telnet) and it had reached 1001 messages
taking up 7,650,581 bytes; the last message dated "Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:15:13
+0100 (CET)" leads me to suspect that it has filled up and is now bouncing.

Robert
  Robert Newson,                 E-Mail: ran at qipod.wanadoo.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk