[Gllug] "Open Standards" MP3 - sort of - player with radio

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 15 16:57:14 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 14:04 +0000, Dan Stevens (IAmAI) wrote:
> > a lot of stuff is 128kbps, whereas 192 or 256 will give you
> > better sound.
>
> I use 192kbps; it' the best comprimise, in my opinion. Yes, it's Ogg
> Vorbis, rather than 'OGG' or however I described it. My mistake :P

When I said Ogg Vorbis was the audio codec, I wasn't trying to correct
you - just to point out that Ogg is more than just audio. Files encoded
with ogg vorbis are typically .ogg file, which is why everyone (me
included) calls them "ogg files". However, Ogg is actually just the
container, and can encapsulate numerous different codecs for audio and
video data. It's well worth a quick look at the wikipedia article at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg for details.

Mike

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk