[Gllug] Finding files in one directory only / diff question.

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Jan 25 06:35:00 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 10:45:00AM +0000, andrew wrote:
> Two related questions
> 1.  Is there a way of finding out which files exists in a directory a
> but not in b. I want to know about some_subdir/only_in_a
>   a/some_subdir/only_in_a
>   a/some_other_subdir/in_both     b/some_other_subdir/in_both
>                                   b/some_subdir/only_in_b

Can you be more clear about the subdirectory part?  Does there have to
be an exact match in the relative path and the filename or is it only
the filename that matters?

--
Bruce

I must admit that the existence of Disneyland (which I know is real)
proves that we are not living in Judea in AD 50. -- Philip K. Dick