[Gllug] forwarding mail

paul paul at thinksolution.net
Tue Jan 31 16:53:21 UTC 2006

I posted a thread to the group but somehow cant see it in my browser
as though it never existed ... eerie huh?

but anyway the problem was/is that I want to have an email account called
"archive" which will store a copy of every email, to and from each user in the
domain. The mail inward should go to both the archive and the user.  I just
tried putting in a ".forward" file in each users home/root folder but then
only the archive email box got a copy and the user didn't.
at first I just put the name archive into the .forward file, that didn't work
so I also added the user's name and that didn't work either still only the
archive got the file but the user didn't.
inside the .forward file looked like this:
archive
mark

I assumed this would send a copy to mark and archive but it didnt - can anyone
help please as I know this is a bit simple and I really should know by now I
mean I configured all the mail servers and made routing groups and everything
but this one's a bit tricky
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk