[Gllug] OSS for use on M$?

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Thu Jan 19 12:18:39 UTC 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:09:46 -0000, Chris Bell
<chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu 19 Jan, Andy McGarty wrote:
>>
>> SNIP
>> >>>
>> Turn it off, take the battery out and leave for ten minutes.  Or try and
>> spot the jumper to clear the bios settings?
>>
>> Andy
>
>    Yes, but it is not my computer, I am about 70 miles from the computer,
> and the owner needed detailed instructions to find the mains cable to the
> monitor. On the other hand, there are two youngsters trying to use the
> box
> for their homework. I am able to send a CD, but for the moment it needs
> be accessible from M$.

Sorry I thought the reference to "a friend" was like when you call the
doctor and say "A friend has a strange rash.....".

And if there are two youngsters using it for "homework" then it'll be
infected to hell within a month and need a reformat anyway!

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk