[Gllug] Network setup and Debian

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Fri Jan 13 17:24:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 17:50 +0100, Dani Pardo wrote:
> 	Hi, it might be a lame question but..
>    Is there any way of configuring the network under debian, other than
> editing /etc/network files? I mean some kind of apt* or deb*

Wasn;t there talk about porting Suse's YAST to Debian, now that suse
have open sourced the yast code?

I rely on yast utterly not being clever enough to ferret around in
config files no more now that I'm senile and losing my memory and
marbles.

I look back in fear and trembling to the 90s before I discovered yast
and had to do it with a text editor!

Although for older hands yast had a bad reputation for wrting some
'orrid config files, this doesn't see to have been much of a problem for
some years now.

Wonder how that project is coming along? I might ask on Opensuse...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk