[Gllug] Re: mounting EXT2

Paul M tallus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:21:35 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 19:51 +0000, Emon wrote:
> > Assuming you want this partition to be accessible to just your user id
>
> Thanks
>
> But any idea what I could have done if there were say a couple
> of users on the system and I wanted to give read-write access to
> all of them

chmod -R a+rw /mnt/hd/MAGIC-STORE/*    (not necessarily recommended)

> or a select few??

addgroup access_group			<-- creates a new group called
						access_group

chgrp  access_group /mnt/hd/MAGIC-STORE/*  <--- recursivley change files
to this group

chmod -R g+rw /mnt/hd/MAGIC-STORE/*      <--- give this group read/write
  		    			      access

Then  add users to that group by editing /etc/group (comma separated) or
use

adduser user access_group

all of this is as root, natch.

Paul M