[Gllug] removing punctuation from filenames in bash

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Thu Jan 12 04:17:53 UTC 2006

Hi

I'm working on a script to organize my ogg files into directories
according to the info in the tags (artist, album etc.) I've got the
main part working, but I've got filenames with characters that a FAT32
fs will not accept. So, how can I go about removing:

from the filename? (the '.ogg'. is added after the filename is
constructed so the final '.' is not an issue.

Cheers
Dylan

--
"The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out."
                                                (Chinese Proverb)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk