[Gllug] Linux MAPI client

Dennis Furey fureyd at lsbu.ac.uk
Sat Jan 7 00:26:08 UTC 2006

Can anyone recommend a Linux based email client compatible with
microsoft's MAPI protocol (used by outlook and exchange)? I gather
ximian-connector can do it but I don't need the whole evolution gui
thing or "groupware" features, just something to fetch my mail like I
used to before the admins at LSBU switched to exchange servers. (It
has to run on a remotely accessed, low spec machine.) I'm also aware
of Samsung Contact but don't have the budget or the stomach for
anything proprietary. I know exchange can be configured to support
IMAP, which would solve everything, but it's out of my hands and the
admins don't give a toss. I'm not allergic to customizing something if
necessary.

Dennis
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk