[Gllug] old computer kit

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 12:14:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 10:41:40AM +0000, Minty wrote:
> http://notes.minty.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Disposing_Of_Computer_Equipment_Around_Lewisham
>
> If anyone has any better information and wants to share it, I'll
> happily update this page accordingly.

FWIW, we've used OFFERS at work to dispose of the odd CRT and broken
chair. They charge a few pounds an item and collect. Southwark council
reccommends them.

I think they've got a CRT recycling plant somewhere in south London or
something.

The thing we're finding a right pain to dispose of is a box of 20 dead
SLA batteries from the UPS. APC put us in touch with a company which
wants £220 to take them away, someone else said we could post them to
them, but that's about £40 by parcelforce.

The council says we can take them to Manor Place depot (their recycling
centre), but we don't have a convenient way to take them, so we're just
going to wait until the big office move and see if we can persuade the
removals folks to take them to the depot for us.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk