[Gllug] Network setup and Debian

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 19:27:40 UTC 2006

On Fri 13 Jan, Dani Pardo wrote:

> 	Hi, it might be a lame question but..
>    Is there any way of configuring the network under debian, other than
> editing /etc/network files? I mean some kind of apt* or deb*

   It depends what you mean by configuring the network. Just the IP address?
Network name? Other Hosts? Access rules? Full, partial, or split DNS?
Related affects on email address, mailsystem, and webserver?
   The installation system collects some configuration details for the
network as early as possible, but they are copied to individual package
configuration files during the installation process.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk