[Gllug] Re: The IT crowd

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue Jan 31 17:20:50 UTC 2006

Adrian McMenamin wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 16:12 +0000, Calvin wrote:
>

>>So true.
>>
>>Not only that, it seems to have very little to do with I.T. lol :/
>>

>If you were expecting jokes about how vi is superior to emacs or what a
>great laugh the 'evil bit' was you were always going to be disappointed

I just watched this and can see some potential though it does look a bit
like a poor imitation of the BOFH series on the Register.  Having a
series like this is very difficult in that you are trying to appeal to
the IT people in the world but still keep it watchable by (and humorous
to) the average viewer.  I like the BOFH but the PFY in the show is a
bit ditzy for my taste.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk