[Gllug] BIND Question

Rob Charlton rob.charlton at figlabs.com
Wed Jan 11 12:21:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

Any BIND gurus out there? I've set up a very basic BIND system, so that I can resolve addresses internally with the same name as externally. I'm not a BIND expert, I just followed a HOWTO. Specifically:

I own www.example.com
I can get to mysite.example.com when my laptop is at home and when it is outside my firewall.

My problem is with zones I don't own, e.g. dyndns.org.

I would _like_ to be able to resolve mysite.dyndns.org as an internal address when at home, and from all the machines on my lan.

I can create a zone for dyndns.org, but then that claims ownership of all dyndns.org addresses, so internally I can no longer get to www.dyndns.org for example.

So, my questions are:

is this possible? am I barking up the wrong tree (or just barking)?

Cheers

Rob Charlton
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk