[Gllug] zdnet - anti linux

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Mon Jan 9 17:04:16 UTC 2006

paul wrote:
> Has anyone noticed the amount of space and time that zdnet.com use in trying
> to rubbish Linux?  some of you guys had a thread which, If I remember
> correctly was about The Guardian being anti Linux.  Does anyone know if zdnet
> is connected to Microsoft, or exactly why it takes such a violent political
> stance against Linux?   Just what is their problem ??

I tend not to read ZDnet as I've never found it a useful/trustworthy*
place for tech news.

As for their problem - their strapline may give us a clue: "Where
technology means business" - in the current climate (IMHO) most of the
"business" IT media resources seem to shy away from Linux. Probably
because the Linux Community don't invite the journo's to "product
launches" (aka thinly disguised bribery) :o).

cheers
Ryan
* which probably means I tended to disagree with them too often :o)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk