[Gllug] MySql question - to which I know the answer, honest guv

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Jan 5 17:50:33 UTC 2006

I've just installed MySql 4.1 on a new Sarge system and the mysql daemon
process is listening only for local connections:

mythtv at emperor:~$ netstat -ln | grep 3306
tcp   0      0 127.0.0.1:3306          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

Now I've done this many times before and I know exactly how to fix it,
but...

...I've forgotten.  Nor can I find it in any of the accompanying
documentation.

Would someone jog my increasingly unreliable memory and tell me how do I
tell MySql to listen on *:3306 and not just 127.0.0.1:3306?

TIA,
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk