[Gllug] Floppy firewall of choice nowadays

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 21:31:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 06:59:18PM +0000, M.Blackmore wrote:
> What would be the recommendation for a floppy based firewall for a home
> user with an old pentium and dead disk? I'm not wasting a multi Gb disk
> for a firewall...

I've not used it for many years, the LEAF project still has
some active branches:
	http://leaf.sourceforge.net/

> I can probably dig out a spare second floppy drive for him.
>
> Last time I did anything like this it was with a floppy router
> called ... err err that russian chap did it... back in about '91 or so.
> Use smoothwall myself.

An alternative to Smoothwall with more open development:
	http://www.ipcop.org/

| A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion |
| Q. Why is top posting bad ?                             |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk