[Gllug] Recommendations for VOIP (SkyPE) headsets ?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Jan 16 10:51:04 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 09:38:37PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> I'm after a mic/headset to use for VOIP (SkyPE in particular) on Linux.
> I'd prefer something that was wireless, either bluetooth, or via a USB
> dongle. Has anyone got any recommendations for good headsets like this?

I have a Plantronics USB headset, possibly this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002ZDS4S/qid=1137406880/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-0223589-1224465

and while I wouldn't describe it as great, it certainly does the job.
I've heard so many people having problems with Bluetooth headsets that
I would be inclined to steer clear of them.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk