[Gllug] Finding files in one directory only / diff question.

andrew Black andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 10:45:00 UTC 2006

Two related questions
1.  Is there a way of finding out which files exists in a directory a
but not in b. I want to know about some_subdir/only_in_a
   a/some_subdir/only_in_a
   a/some_other_subdir/in_both     b/some_other_subdir/in_both
                                   b/some_subdir/only_in_b

One way of doing this is to do a find on both directories. Which leads
me to  my second questions
2. Is there an option to diff that will allow me to print out lines that
exist in first file only (ignoring lines that are in the second file only).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk