[Gllug] Myth TV setup

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 18:31:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 05:31:16PM +0000, John Winters wrote:

> Now that looks interesting, although from a quick bit of research there
> seem to be two different versions about.  One with Composite, S-Video
> and Audio connectors and the other with just a Scart connector.  Even
> Hauppauge's own web site has a hybrid description.

Yup, that is a bit of a problem, although S-Video would be a better form
of tv-out than most tv-cards, the old DXR3 I had gave incredibly good
output considering it was S-Video only.

> Now can it handle DVB-T video streams I wonder?

Follow the 2nd link ( http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/idx.php?pg=main ) as
that suggests it integrates with mythtv, i'd also google up other
options for supporting it as there are several projects about, just some
look rather more defunct than others. I was quite interested in the VDR
compatability as I found VDR to be more to my liking than MythTV in the
past.

Thanks
Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li