[Gllug] New IT dept-based sitcom

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Jan 12 21:41:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 20:51 +0000, Mark Williams wrote:
> 'Quite' funny - Yerss, damning with faint praise - I think I agree.
> Don't know if I'll actually bother to remember, next week, maybe.

Ah, the wonders of modern technology.  Sitting at the computer reading
the GLLUG mailing list, read about something interesting on television,
flick to another window, schedule it to record and then back.

Time I put that second DVB-T card in my server though - it clashes with
Foyle's War.

Having MythTV running on a permanently on server completely changes the
way I watch (and record) television.  Instead of hoping there will be
something on when I feel like watching (fat chance!) I let the computer
hoover up everything which I've told it I might like, and then watch at
my convenience.  It's different from scheduling something to record on a
VCR.  I don't really care if something is recorded and then I don't
watch it because something else will have taken its place.

Please excuse this only-slightly-relevant ramble.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk