[Gllug] Getting Microsoft off a Dell purchase - anyone done this?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Jul 7 19:16:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 05:27:16PM +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:
> Interesting that on the day we're discussing whether it is legal to sell
> on a MS license a UK court finds in Microsoft's favour on a case which had
> that as a central arguement of the defence.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/07/illegal_ms_software_trader_sued/
>
> If the courts are going to follow the usual reasonableness rule I'd expect
> them to hold that any company supplying licenses under the terms which
> specify you can reject the license and obtain a refund from the reseller
> must honour that term.

I suspect that the question will then mutate to the h/ware & s/ware being an
indivisible part of sale; ie: if you don't accept the s/ware & choose to return
it then you must also return the h/ware.

Since they have your money, they just need to stall until you give up.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>