[Gllug] OT - What really happened on 9/11 ?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 14:54:59 UTC 2006

On 16/07/06, Benjamin Donnachie <benjamin at py-soft.co.uk> wrote:
> > Now cast your mind to the terrorist attacks that we are being told that the UK
> > police are preventing (but I usually don't see any real evidence).
> > Concerned ?
>
> I think you'll find that most of the work is being done by MI5.  Trust
> me, you'll soon believe the threat when they mess up and an attack succeeds!

Um, like the 2 attacks last year that actually happened and weren't
spotted at all you mean?

Before deciding on the strength of the threat it's worth reading Bruce
Schneier and his
debunking of the actual dangers in the west (terrorism is a very real
and daily threat in iraq, parts of Israel, Lebanon, Syria, etc -
mostly with arab/muslim victims outside of Israel).

The largest and most preventable risks are not the ones that make the
news - cancer, heart disease, driving. Even DIY is more likely to kill
you than terrorism.

I actually experienced as much or more terrorism in the UK before the
war on terror  started - living and working in London meant I had two
car bombs explode within my local area (Ealing Broadway and White
City) not to mention fairly regular disruption to my travel to work.

Don't forget that Omagh and Manchester bombings were about as deadly
as the July 7th London bombings - but of couse the big difference was
they didn't affect politicians and journalists directly so aren't as
important.

The presence of british suicide bombers should have been no surprise
to security services, after all british suicide bombers attacked
Israel, and the (also british) shoe bomber attacked a british flight.

>From outside, the pretty much unaccountable and overly secretive
security services are looking like headless chickens, with knee jerk
over-reactions to the fuck ups so far and pointless exersizes in
'reassuring the public' immediately after each incident.

Security on the tube network was always shockingly absent, it was
always a soft and obvious target, and nothing was done - there wasn't
even any preperation for the inevitable attack and so emergancy and
security forces couldn't and still can't communicate under ground -
many of the reccomendations after the Kings Cross disaster (in the
80's for fucks sake) haven't yet been carried out, and those would
have saved lives and reduced injury.

In hindsight, the london bombers (and Richard Reid) were on the edge
of where security services were looking and instead of catching or
even watching them, they engaged in publicity stunts like the 'ricin'
debacle where there was no ricin (and ricin is known to only effective
for assasination rather than multiple casulties), and the football
arena plot that never was.

Like I said, I don't have all the information but the accuracy of our
security services intelligence about things like Iraq (totally wrong),
Stockwell (huge, fatal fuck up), Forest Gate (huge, nearly fatal fuck
up), 7/7 (immense fuck up), etc looks abysmal.

A.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk