[Gllug] OT - What really happened on 9/11 ?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jul 18 20:30:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, John G. Walker mused:
> I too will believe much of the neo-cons, but not that they faked the
> attack on the Twin Towers, for the simple reason that, had they faked
> the attack, they would have made the Bad Guys someone they wanted to
> have a war with (eg the Iraqis). Bush spent 10th September
> unsuccessfully trying to get people to "prove" that it was Saddam
> Hussein that was behind the attack.

Another major reason. Given the record of the present US administration,
had they done it, they would have *buggered it up* just like they've
buggered up everything else they've tried to do, likely through making
plans that assume that everything works perfectly, and then running
around like headless chickens when it didn't.

This `plot' essentially assumes that the Bush Administration and Osama
bin Laden are in cahoots. And *that* is a step too far. It's as stupid
as assuming Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden were in cahoots, and for
much the same reasons (they hate each other! They're ideological
opposites!)

> But don't you think, if the Bush administration had organised the 9/11
> attacks, they'd have put Saddam Hussein in the frame right away?

... and that by now it would all have fallen apart? Hell, the first
person to get fired from the administration after that would have
quietly talked, or gone to the press with it, or both...

--
`We're sysadmins. We deal with the inconceivable so often I can clearly
 see the need to define levels of inconceivability.' --- Rik Steenwinkel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk