[Gllug] Bandwith Providers

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:27:31 UTC 2006

On 7/24/06, charles <c.adeniran at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Could anyone recommend a good company to act as a relay for dealing with
> bandwiths of between 30mbs to 1Gbs per day. This is for audio streaming.

I've been toying with getting a box at serverbeach.com - wondering if
anyone knows why to avoid 'em?  Seems insanely cheap.

They will do you a 10Mbit port, with 2Tb of bandwidth/month for a
shade over $100/month, with your choice of Debian/Redhat and root.
You can upgrade to 100Mbit for a not insane price.  Or buy multiple
boxes.  Ex-Rackspace people, so I gather.

You can canel out the sign up fee by hunting for some coupons
http://isohunt.com/serverbeach-referral-coupon-code.php

Something closer to home might be ukfsn.org or bytemark.co.uk

http://bytemark.co.uk/page/Live/hosting/prices/virtualmachine
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk