[Gllug] Keyboard problem

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 20:12:52 UTC 2006

On Mon 17 Jul, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> I have a box which appears to powerdown when I "overuse" the keyboard -
> ie press too many keys too quickly or similar (cannot be sure what it
> is). It just switches off immediately.
>
> Alternatively I could leave the box unattended and it will run for ever.
>
> I had this problem before and got round it by using a different keyboard
> but I wonder is there a software solution eg kernel command line.
>
> Anybody seen similar behaviour before and any ideas if there is an
> appropriate kcl switch?

   I have had problems with a motherboard which gave huge streams of IRQ's
if and when a PS2 mouse was plugged in, fault probably caused when someone
re-plugged a mouse with power on. You could have a keyboard fault caused in
the same way, most people ignore the advice not to re-plug with power on,
but it does not always work afterwards.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk