[Gllug] Better than ntop

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Mon Jun 26 11:32:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 12:00 +0100, Julian Somers wrote:

> > Ideally I'd also like to be able to click on a host (like I can in
> ntop)
> > and see data going back for a period of time and be able to
> manipulate
> > the data a little better.
> >
> > Is there anything else like this out there?
>
> Have a look at http://pmacct.net

To answer 3 emails in 1..

I've looked mrtg but to replicate the functionality in ntop using custom
mrtg scripts would be too much effort for trying to get the missing 10%
functionality I feel I'm missing in ntop

Cacti is great and we use it here, but I couldn't easily get a protocol
breakdown like I do in ntop

pmacct is something I haven't seen before and that looks interesting.

Basically ntop is great, but I can't pull accurate historical data from
it.

Thanks

~sm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk