[Gllug] Web Development

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Jun 12 10:49:41 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 01:36:39PM +0100, Tom Haddon wrote:
> Can anyone recommend (or does anyone work for) a company that might fit
> the bill. We're looking for a CMS that's fairly sophisticated and
> extensible (basic workflow for publishing content, user permissions,
> internalization, nice urls, total flexibility in design - i.e. good
> templating system, and the ability to tie into other systems).

Good luck.  You may be able to get some of those qualities, but it's
very hard to find all of them.  In particular CMSes tend to fall down
in two places: accessibility (being able to produce decent XHTML with
separate CSS and memorable URLs), and documentation (yes, I'm looking
at you Plone).

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.