[Gllug] Dedicated server recommendations?

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 20:03:15 UTC 2006

On 23/06/06, Ryan Cartwright <ryan at crimperman.org> wrote:

> Not (yet) a personal experience recommendation but We're just about to
> switch to bytemark - http://www.bytemark.co.uk - after hearing v.good
> things about their customer service. Our current host is a nightmare -
> server down for 24 hours earlier this month and when you call them they
> take half the time "finding who is reponsible for it"!!!!

I can endorse that recommendation as a customer. Never had any issues
with them and their management tools are pretty good as well.

The one time I managed to completely shaft my server I managed to
reinstall the virtual server from their choice of images by reading
their support pages and following along.

The times I've needed support via email they've been responsive and
good as well.

Been a customer for over a year now I think.

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com
www: http://beerandspeech.org