[Gllug] OT: Digital camera recommendations

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 23:17:29 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 13 Jun 2006 09:09, Russell Howe wrote:

> Sanity: £50 an hour
>
> At that rate, a mac will pay for itself in less than a day, if all the
> zealots are to be believed[1] :)
>
> [1] The last mac I used was an LC475 running System 7.5, so let's just
> say I'm hardly up to date in macworld

You're about right - the current Macs are excellent, and the Gnome and KDE
folks could take a lesson or two in "useability"!

I just found a Mac Proforma 450 in a nearby skip.  The hard drive had been
removed, but an old (small) drive was put to good use, and it makes a great
router / firewall / print server running an old magazine copy of Yellow Dog.
It's also a convenient sized footstool!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk