[Gllug] OT: Digital camera recommendations

Matthew Thompson matt.thompson at actuality.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 05:46:39 UTC 2006

On 11 Jun 2006, at 20:40, will wrote:

> So I need to get a new digital camera, and I know very little about
> them!  Can anyone here recommend one?
>
> The features I need are things like:

OK - here's a slightly off centre suggestion.

http://www.digitaldepot.co.uk/acatalog/Olympus_E1.html

It's almost a pro camera although due to it's age it is only
5MegaPixels.

The body is weatherproof and if you get into any kind of photography
that ends with you buying better lenses there are a range of
weatherproof lenses too. A big deal if like me you take your camera
to take pictures of large yachts in Portsmouth every now and then!

I've got it's newer little brother the E-500 and I'm really happy
with it but had I known the differences I'd probably have gone for
the E-1.

Have a look to see what people say about it on www.dpreview.com

M at t :o)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk