[Gllug] problem writing DVD-R

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 07:52:02 UTC 2006

On Tue 27 Jun, salsaman wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am trying to burn some files to DVD-R using k3b. Everything looks like
> it is going OK during the write stage. Here is part of the log file:
>

> Any suggestions as to what the problem might be ?
>

> Gabriel.

   Try

do a dummy write first, it will verify that the CD is blank (the first
blanks I purchased had loads of faults before I started writing)

forcing a slower write speed (the theoretical maximum may be marginal, the
laser lens could be dirty)

selecting verify written media (doubles the time taken but gives confidence)

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk